Monday 14 February 2011

Waiting is so hard

I pretty much fail in writing any blog recently.
I also fail at my hobby - my Yrie and Galena are here for roughly a year now and the only thing I've done with them is change their clothes between the ones I've spent a small fortune on on the second market, while I was planning to sew for them myself.

Apart from the fact that I've lost my inner drive to create about half a decade ago to easier amusements, like online games, I also became afraid of failure. I can sense it every time I look at my sewing supplies box - I don't even want to try because I know I will fail, ie. I will not be able to sew what I'd like. Which is pretty normal when you are learning something new, but the feeling is paralyzing me for some reason. I really wish I had someone around to guide me through the first steps.

And I also hope that maybe Rosettes will be easier to handle for me because, while I love my bird girls, I am afraid they are not the right dolls for me. I love them, I think they are one of the most beautiful molds out there, but I somehow can't bring myself to stylize them, and I am also a bit afraid of handling Galena with how big she is and how her claws point in every possible direction...

No comments:

Post a Comment